Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Chinese 103: To be Mature is to Accept Imperfections

This morning has not been good. Crying in the shower and an endless run of our fights keeps repeating itself over and over again in my head. Why do we always hurt the people we love the most? I know this question has been posed thousands of times but honestly why do we? Because we think we can get away with it? Everyone keeps telling me to stop blaming myself, but I can't. This week's cookie reads, "To be mature is to accept imperfections". But are mistakes the same as imperfections? My mother thinks I have a perfection problem; always striving to be perfect. But I don't think this is necessarily the case. For instance, I always have bad hair and at 22 I have come to accept this imperfection and I am content with my life with bad hair. However, I simply cannot accept how I acted towards my ex. Yes I was stressed, depressed and miserable but why did I have to be mean? Why could I not show him how much I loved him? This week's cookie proves already difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment