Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chinese 102: What I learned

This first week was not as successful as I had hoped- at least not with my fortune cookie project. I had decided that in order to fulfill this week's assignment I would try to reconnect with a friend who I had been estranged from for many years. This friend had reached out to me a number of times in the past few months but I was still too distrustful of him to respond to any of his messages. However, with this assignment in mind, I decided try and reconnect with him this week. If, I decided, that I hoped that my ex would forgive my faults and let us try again, then I too needed to forgive those who had wronged me in the past and give them a second chance. Unfortunately though to be quite honest, I did not make the full effort I should have and failed to see him. We did, however, speak and all in all I believe the situation has improved, and I will continue to make efforts to see him in the future.
In the meantime, I am starting to feel better. Today is my second day in a row that I haven't cried and I am starting to look forward. I still miss my ex everyday and hope that each time the phone rings it is him but I am trying to keep busy and distracted; applying for jobs, searching for an apartment, and seeing friends and family. Maybe I haven't fully healed yet and maybe I didn't complete my assignment as I had desired to but what I am learning more than anything is that life takes time and patience is a difficult but important lesson. In the words of the Confucius, "It does not matter has slowly you go as long as you do not stop".

No comments:

Post a Comment